For the 2013 NVSL season, Ilda is in Division 15. If you are interested in joining the team or if you have any questions about the Clippers, please contact the Swim Team Representative, Janice Viola, at email@example.com or by phone at 703.323.7486. To register for the 2013 Ilda Community Swim Team, print our registration form and mail it or drop it off at 8900 Braeburn Drive Annandale.
Latest News (updated May 20, 2013)
- The pool opens this Saturday, May 25. Practice starts the following Tuesday, May 28 at the times listed below. Water may be a little chilly but that will only inspire the kids to swim harder. It is never too late to join the Clippers. Contact the Swim Team Representative, Janice Viola, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703.323.7486 for more information
- The Clippers have a new team swim suit for the 2013 season (see pictures to the right). The suit try on and sale at Ilda will be Friday, May 31 from 4:00 to 6:30 PM. Please see the flyer for all of the information.
- The Clippers can always use more trained meet officials. NVSL offers free training clinics for the positions that require training. This document contains the clinic schedule. Feel free to contact Paul Viola (email@example.com) if you have any questions about becoming a Stroke and Turn judge.
- For the 2013 summer, Ilda is in division 15. This is a one division drop from last season. The full A Meet and B Meet schedule is listed below. Former Clipper Blake Chamlee is the head coach for the 2013 summer season. Assisting Blake is former Clipper Libby Bissen.
- This summer (2013) will be the third and final summer that Janice Viola will be serving as the Ilda team representative. She is currently looking for a volunteer to assist her this summer in preparation for assuming the job next summer. Contact Janice directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or to volunteer for this important position.
Ilda Clippers 2013 Schedule/Results
Below are the dates and times for the Summer 2013 Ilda swim meets. Times listed below are the start time of the event. The swimmers need to be there prior to the start time for warmups. For B Meets at Ilda, we warm up at 5 PM. For away B Meets, we warm up at 5:30 PM. Clicking on the opponents name will take you to their website, if they have one. Clicking on the date of the meet will display all the relevant meet information including which Ilda parents are scheduled to volunteer, directions and any scheduled swimmer absences.
|June 15||Saturday||9:00 AM||Timing Meet||Rutherford||Ilda|
|June 22||Saturday||9:00 AM||A Meet||Woodley||Ilda|
|June 24||Monday||6:00 PM||B Meet||Fairfax||Fairfax|
|June 29||Saturday||9:00 AM||A Meet||Lake Braddock||Lake Braddock|
|July 1||Monday||6:00 PM||B Meet||Truro||Ilda|
|July 6||Saturday||9:00 AM||A Meet||Rolling Valley||Ilda|
|July 10||Wednesday||6:30 PM||Relay Carnival||division 15||Woodley|
|July 13||Saturday||9:00 AM||A Meet||Hollin Hills||Ilda|
|July 15||Monday||6:00 PM||B Meet||Rutherford||Ilda|
|July 20||Saturday||9:00 AM||A Meet||Newington Forest||Newington Forest|
|July 22||Monday||6:00 PM||IM Carnival|| ||Fairfax|
|July 27||Saturday||9:00 AM||Divisionals||division 15||Rolling Valley|
|July 27||Saturday||5:00 PM||Banquet|| ||Ilda|
Ilda Clippers Practice Times - 2013
Below is the practice times for the 2013 season.
From May 28 until school is out (Mon-Fri), practice times are:
3:30 to 4:30 p.m. -- 13 and older
4:30 to 5:00 p.m. -- 8 and unders
5:00 to 6:00 p.m. -- 9 to 12 year olds
Once Fairfax County Schools are out for summer break, practices are in the morning. This summer June 19 is the first morning practice. On Monday to Friday, practice times are:
8:00 to 09:00 a.m. -- 11 And Older
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. -- 10 And Under
10:00 to 10:30 a.m. -- Clips Team
New for the summer of 2013, Coach Chamlee is introducing dry land workouts on Tuesdays and Thursday from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM for Clippers 13 and older. Appropriate attire would include closed toe shoes and a towel and water bottle are needed.
Please note that the Clips, Ilda's developmental team (mostly 5 and 6 year olds) do not start practice until morning practices begin which is June 19 for the 2013 summer.
Former Clipper and previous assistant coach Blake Chamlee, pictured to the right, will take over as the head coach in 2013. Blake is a 2010 graduate of Woodson High School. He is currently attending George Mason (and he grew up next door to the Bishops).
Former Clipper Libby Bissen will serve as the full time assistant coach in 2013.
This link will take you to a page with the recent history of the Clipper Swim Team. The goal is to add more information to this page over time.
Swim Team Links
The links below are for sites that swim team members might find helpful.
NVSL - official web site of the Northern Virginia Swim League.
Marlins - USS swim team that several Clippers swim for during the school year.
Makos - USS swim team that several Clippers swim for during the school year.
York - USS swim team that Clippers could swim for during the school year.
Woodson Swimming - local high school swim team that several Clippers swim for during the school year.
Suit Up - store that is supplying Ilda's suits and shirts this season.
Aardvark - store that specializes in supplying NVSL swim teams.
Annandale Weather - up to the minute weather in Annandale.